If there was such a thing as a “good” master-manipular, I would definitely fit the mold when it comes to my daughter. I’m consistently crafting my words and gestures in a way to mold her decisions and perspective.
Most recently, I’ve been focusing in the kitchen and giving some energy to creating new snacks and treats for her to enjoy that would replace the goldfish and sugar-loaded granola bars (it happens, I’m guilty).
I called my good friend Amber, aka the nutritionist behind Nutrition Intuition AZ, over to my house the other night to help me with ideas and this is one I just had to share.. it’s DELISH!
GERMAN CHOCOLATE DATE BALLS
- 1 1/2 cup of dates
- 1/4 cup of pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut shreds
3 simple steps:
- Throw the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and blend
- Mix in bowl with chocolate chips
- Separate into small balls
- Cover in coconut shreds and enjoy
Healthy, easy and a fun activity to do with my daughter. Manipulating is out of the question – she was all for it!
For more ideas, nutrition advice or personal cheffin’, Amber is your gal.